HOME INSPECTION SPECIALIST
Be smart before you buy! Home Inspection Reports are important tools for a home buyer to decide if purchasing the home is the right move. Home buyers are often inexperienced about home construction and its components, and have difficulty understanding home inspection reports. The home inspection report identifies defects in the home and which defects are more serious than others.
- Quick results
- Pre-Real Estate Listing Home Inspection
- Home inspection for real estate transactions
- Radon Testing:
Real Estate Transactions
Pre and Post Mitigation System Testing
Radalink Aircat Electric Ion Chamber Monitoring System
Inspections Not Included:
- Low voltage items such as doorbells, surround sound systems, internet, security systems
- Exterior pools and spas
- Extra outback buildings – extra charge applies
General Home Inspection Checklist Items:
- Structural Elements
Construction of walls, ceilings, floors, roof and foundation
- Exterior Evaluation
Wall covering, landscaping, grading, elevation, drainage, driveways, fences, sidewalks, fascia, trim, doors, windows, lights and exterior receptacles
- Roof and Attic
Framing, ventilation, type of roof construction, flashing and gutters. It does not include a guarantee of roof condition or a roof certification
Identification of pipe materials used for potable, drain, waste and vent pipes. including condition. Toilets, showers, sinks, faucets and traps. It does not include a sewer inspection
- Systems and Components
Water heaters, furnaces, air conditioning, duct work, chimney, fireplace and sprinklers
Main panel, circuit breakers, types of wiring, grounding, exhaust fans, receptacles, ceiling fans and light fixtures
Dishwasher, range and oven, built-in microwaves, garbage disposal and, yes, even smoke detectors
Slab, walls, ceiling, vents, entry, firewall, garage door, openers, lights, receptacles, exterior, windows and roof
Home Inspection Checklist Items Needing Service or Need to be Fixed
Home inspection reports do not describe the condition of every component if it’s in excellent condition, but should highlight every item/system that is defective or needing service. Home inspectors are reluctant to and, in some cases, refuse to disclose repair costs, so you should call an experienced contractor to determine the scope and expense to fix minor problems. No home is perfect. Every home will have issues noted or flagged in a home inspection.
- American Home Inspection Training (AHIT) Training acknowledged by Purdue University
- International Code and Council (ICC) Certification ability to recite residential building code
- Associates in Construction Management
- 14 Years Union Carpenter
- All home inspections are different and can vary dramatically from state to state, as well as across counties and cities.
- I conduct home inspections in accordance with the standards of practice established by the State of Illinois and State of Wisconsin National Association of Certified Home Inspectors.
- I also conduct radon measurement according to IEMA( Illinois emergency management agency)
- 4 Years Roofer/ Foreman
- Radon Measurement Technician certified by the American Lung Association
- For more information, fill out the contact form.